Monday, March 25, 2013

My Momma's Daughter

   Work, life, kids, laundry, dinner.... how does a mom find time to do it all?! I know for many moms around the world everyday is filled with hustle and bustle, running here and running there! I'm still fairly new to the adventures of being a mom and at times I often wonder how my momma and daddy raised 6 kids! Yes, you read that right. I come from a very large family, I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. My momma and daddy always made sure we had everything we needed and much more. There was cheer leading, band, softball, football, soccer, dance, karate, you name it and my parents have been and done it all. My momma has always been an inspiration to me for a number of countless reasons... As some of you may know my momma is not my biological mother. She and my dad meet when I was 3 and later married when I was 5. Growing up I often wonder about my "real" mom and went through lots of trials and tribulations to get to know who she was. Over the years and lots  heart break, disappointment, hurt, and anger I finally realized just how useless my "real" mom was to me. For  years I had been seeking her approval and love but what I didn't realize was that I had it all along at home, from not only my daddy, but from my momma- who by the way is the one and only mom I've ever had. She has taught me so much about life and how to be strong when you feel like giving up. She worked day and night to put herself through nursing school along with raising a household of 6 kids and a husband. She is strong, fearless, caring, compassionate, honest, and more importantly she's MY mom. I guess in some sense when I look back you could say she saved daddy, me, and Josh; my little brother. I cannot imagine how my life would be today without her selfishly and willingly raising me. I know it wasn't easy, and I hope that I have made her proud. There's never a question in my mind when someone ask, " Who's your mama"? what my answer is. One thing I love about my blended family is that no one know how to pick us apart. I mostly think that's because we've been together for so long no one even thinks any differently.  To both my momma and daddy I give so much credit to raising me, guiding me, and leading me to become a parent that can make son proud.

   Being a mom to a 19 month old has taught me so much, including many things I didn't know about myself. I never knew how patience I could be after working all day and coming home to a fussy teething baby, or how forgiving I could be at 3am covered in poop. Motherhood is one of the greatest gifts that a woman could ever accept. I honestly believe it changes who you are the moment you hear that tiny little heart beat, or first hold you long awaited child in your arms. Being a mother is one of the best, but hardest jobs in the world. Lets be honest, as a mother you are responsible this little life and making sure they become this respectful, understanding, loving, person. Sometimes I wonder if I'm capable of doing what my momma and daddy done... but then I think back and remember what all they have taught me and I know that I'm gonna do just fine and with my husband by my side there isn't anything we can't get through and conquer. 














No comments:

Post a Comment